Become a Foster Carer
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer foster carer for Ollie’s Legacy. We are always keen to work with enthusiastic, compassionate people who share our philosophy and want to give a rescue animal a second chance at a safe and happy life. Our Foster care Program exists to provide homeless animals with safe and loving homes until their forever family is found. As we are not a shelter we rely on carers to take rescue animals into their homes while they are prepared for and await their forever families. Foster Carers play a vital role in their foster’s rehabilitation and life journey.
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Be over 18 years old
• Reliable transport
• Love animals
• Previous experience caring for animals, or willing to undertake training
• Adequate time to meet your foster animal’s needs.
• Common sense approach
• Ability to follow instructions and guidelines
• Excellent communication skills
• Share our philosophy regarding responsible pet ownership
Process to become a foster carer:
• Complete the online Application Form
• Once approved, you will be invited to attend an Information Session- in person or online
• Quick property check
• Sign the Foster Agreement
• You will then be added to our private Foster Carer Facebook group
• Photos and information about animals needing foster care will be posted in the group.
• Message the Foster Coordinator if you are interested in a particular animal
• Sometimes the Foster Coordinator will contact you directly if they think you are a good match
• Your foster journey begins
Foster Carer FAQs
What does a Foster Carer provide?
• A safe, enriching, and loving home environment
• Quality care through feeding, cleaning up after, playing and interacting with
• Affection and Comfort
• Basic training
• Behavioural Observation
• Health Monitoring
• Transport if required
• Food and other supplies if donations aren’t available
**Please note this list is not exhaustive and may differ from time to time **
What does Ollie's Legacy provide Foster Carers?
• Help and support
• Animal Transport
• Foster Carer Starter Kit
• Donated food and other supplies when available
• Opportunities to learn
• Friendly team environment
• Chance to make a difference to animals in need
• Ollie’s Legacy covers all Veterinary Care, Specialty Diets and Flea and Worming Treatment for animals in care.